DV Driving School is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal data received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal data we collect and how we may use it.
When you contact us to make an enquiry, we will ask you for your name, address, postcode, phone number(s) and email address.
We will retain your personal data for a length of time dependant on the nature of our relationship with you, as follows:
– During the COVID-19 period, from 23rd April through to when the DVSA practical test centres re-open , we will hold the personal data of those who enquire about Driving Lessons or register on our website for up to 3 months after the DVSA re-open these test centres.
– For enquiries regarding training to become a Driving Instructor and for Becoming a Driving Instructor with DV Driving School we will hold your personal data for 3 years.
– Once you become a customer of DV Driving SchoolLtd by making a purchase, booking a lesson, purchasing a training course or signing up to a franchise, we will retain your personal data for as long as you are an active customer plus 6 complete financial years of the company from your last recorded activity, in line with Financial and Accounting regulations.
We will only ever share personal data that we collect from you with the following third parties and only for the purpose(s) described:
– To send booking notification SMS text messaging to your Instructor for DV Driving Schooldirect marketing emails, provided you have granted consent for us to do so for delivery of cash voucher and gift voucher print and mailing services via post and email electronic contract and document processing
– Customer Relationship management for feedback on DV Driving School customer service and review ratings for marketing analysis independent research into your experiences with DV Driving School.
We may share your personal data internally between DV Drive Ltd group of companies or parents companies in order to provide special offers and relevant products and services.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. We do not collect sensitive data about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by emailing.
We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
We do not transfer any data to any organisation outside the EEA unless they operate to the standards required under the GDPR regulations.